Saturday, September 10, 2011

three weeks later

Thank you, Ben and Beth, for keeping the garden going while we went away.  If not for you, everything that I see from my kitchen window would be dead.

As it is, everything is a crazy mess, but not dead.  Imagine what it must be like in places where it rains during the growing season.  I mean, things must really GROW.

We are eating: chard, shell beans, some few overgrown green beans, some few orange tomatoes, lettuce, zucchini, cucumbers, herbs.  We are going to be eating tonight: eggplant, poblanos, zucchini, maybe kale?  The kale looks so good.

This has been a different kind of summer.  I will work to explain this statement later, when there are not two girls slamming doors downstairs.

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo. The garage contents straining to escape. Your garden, always, straining at its edges.

    ReplyDelete