Monday, May 3, 2021

Notes to Self, May


NOTES TO SELF

You like bulbs to poke out from between things with more body; the lonely pompom on a stick look is not it. 

Come fall, move all the bulbs from around the edges of the banana bed. The double daffs into the spaces between the grasses; the tulips into the big bed. 

The narrow bed shaded by the plum tree doesn't have enough light for narcissus. Move the lovely tiny singles with the red-edged cup into the banana bed. 

The short tulips at the front of the big bed were magic there because of their stature. Now they need someone to grow up between/over/around them. 

Went to the Wapato Island farm plant sale w A. Planted motherwort (hahaha, planting weeds/ planting medicine) next to the sage in the banana bed. Planted an artichoke in the paver circle. Skullcap back under the protection of beloved Western Red, who is thriving, growing so much. Marshmallow over by the fig in the South strip. 

The lupine is so lush and huge so idea how long it will last.

Threw down saved strawflower and zinnia seeds last night in the West bed, and in the hole of the big bed on the right.

Want more red peonies there against the shrub backdrop. 

Need to pull and distribute the narcissus that are pushed back into the anemone and under the mock orange. Can thread them into the dahlia spot maybe? Will they tolerate that?

After this bloom, need to prune the mock orange.

The South strip needs reconfiguring so that the path will work better for bikes this summer. 

Worried the big vine maple will be squished soon between Cedar and Manzanita.

I am of the nature to grow old; there is no way to escape growing old

I am of the nature to have ill health; there is no way to escape having ill health

I am of the nature to die; there is no way to escape death

All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change; there is no way to escape being separated from them.

My deeds are my closest companions; I am the beneficiary of my deeds, my deeds are the ground on which I stand. 



No comments:

Post a Comment