Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Bulbs, April, November


(April)

Always struggle with the area around the fig tree in spring. In late summer and fall the whole south bed is overwhelmed by the Pennisetum grasses I keep dividing (an invasive here, turns out) - maybe when I move the back line of sturdy yellow diffs out, I'll push a bunch in around the base. 

(November)

Will I leave these dahlia bulbs in the ground? Or risk trying to over winter them in storage?


(April)

Another good place for some sturdy bland daffodils - this strip by the deck. Everything I plant there I end up moving, except strawberries. 

(November)

Filled the north side of this bed with double daffs, the south side with the tall dark purple tulips that I wish were black. Moved two Panicum from elsewhere. The Nasella have thrived everywhere I stuck them - in the spring they were almost the only friends in this bed. Divided the orange flowered echinacea, prayed over them all to thrive. Not sure if I will keep those lilies there. Maybe they will resonate shape-wise with the banana in spring?

(April)

Last bag of bulbs to plant are these gorgeous dark leaved tulips - who knows if they will be sturdy. I want to put them in the big bed, just there to the right. 

(November)

(April)

(April)

(November)

(April)



No comments:

Post a Comment